Something Wicked This Way Comes
by Ray Bradbury
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 34 Summary
- In front of the United Cigar Store is an iron grille that has served as a receptacle for dropped wrappers, cigarette butts, and pennies.
- As the parade thunders through the town searching for two boys, Jim and Will tremble underneath the grille.
- Will's father hurries past. Will resists the urge to call out.
- A lump of pink bubble gum falls through the grille. A five-year-old boy peers down.
- The parade stops as the little boy reaches through the grille.
- Mr. Dark stares at his parade of freaks and nods. They obediently fall into the crowd and pass out handbills.
- Will thinks to himself that the search has begun in earnest.
- The five-year-old boy points at Will and Jim and calls his mom.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...