Something Wicked This Way Comes
by Ray Bradbury
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 41 Summary
- A shadow moves.
- Mr. Dark stands in the doorway. He asks for the boys.
- Will's father feigns ignorance.
- Mr. Dark issues a death threat. After Mr. Halloway dismisses it, Mr. Dark issues a stronger death threat: one of his friends can arrange apparently natural heart failure. He is referring to the Dust Witch.
- Mr. Dark exclaims over the Bible, calling it charming. He steps forward, holds, and reads the Bible, all while mocking Mr. Halloway. He chucks the Bible into a wastebasket.
- He tells Mr. Halloway that speculation about the boys' eventual disappearance will be good for business. He notes that Charles came to the carnival the other day. He offers to shave a few years off Charles's age. Then, he offers decades.
- Charles sits with his hands over his ears.
- Mr. Dark turns away to look for the boys. He leaves Mr. Halloway huddled in a corner.
- Mr. Dark calls through the library for the boys.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...