Something Wicked This Way Comes
by Ray Bradbury
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 42 Summary
- The boys crouch somewhere in the library's vast depths.
- Mr. Dark strides through the halls, calling for the boys. He drops his voice to a whisper and specifically attempts to seduce Jim with the promises of the carnival. He guarantees rewards. He calls to them.
- Will and Jim frantically try to block out his voice.
- Mr. Dark starts shoving books around. Then he begins targeting Will. He says that Will's mother has been taken, has been placed on the carousel. He spins a horrific story of the aging of Will's mother.
- By the end of it, the sound of sobbing runs through the library.
- Mr. Dark moves through the library in pursuit.
- Finally, he finds the two boys. He pats Will's head.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...