Something Wicked This Way Comes
by Ray Bradbury
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 46 Summary
- The parade continues through the carnival midway. Behind them about a half-mile is the wounded Dust Witch.
- Behind her is Will's father, chewing medicine as he goes.
- Mr. Dark reaches the Mirror Maze. He directs the boys in. They are told to stay in the Waxwork Museum at the end of the Maze.
- Visitors passing through fail to realize how lifelike some of these "wax" statues are.
- Mr. Dark goes to announce the final event of the evening to all the carnival goers: "The Most Amazingly Dangerous, ofttimes Fatal – World Famous Bullet Trick!"
- Mr. Dark calls for the rifles, and then calls for a volunteer to fire one at the Dust Witch.
- She is not happy about this. Someone hands her up the platform. Mr. Dark asks if the clock was stopped.
- She answers no. Mr. Dark gets angry. The Witch asks him to stop the act.
- Mr. Dark grabs a pinch of flesh on his wrist. It is an illustration of a blind woman. The Witch spasms.
- Mr. Dark issues one last call for volunteers.
- A voice comes from the back. It is Charles Halloway.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...