Something Wicked This Way Comes
by Ray Bradbury
Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 5 Summary
- Charles Halloway is about to leave the bar when he pauses. He sees a man in a dark suit with paper rolls under his arm. He's putting up handbills.
- The man is whistling a tune that makes Charles shiver. Charles leaves the saloon and crosses the street to check out the man's poster.
- The man waves. His hand is covered with black silken hair.
- In an empty shop, a long block of ice is displayed with a placard proclaiming "The Most Beautiful Woman in the World." Charles notices that the block of ice is indeed shaped like a woman…that there is the shadow of a woman lurking inside it.
- Charles Halloway wants to leave but he stands for a while staring at the empty shop and the long block of ice.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...