Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 53 Summary
- Charles Halloway looks down at the body for a long while. The freaks of the carnival come out to moan in disbelief.
- Charles Halloway watches as the images on Mr. Dark's small body slowly begin to disappear.
- The freaks are freed in a "chorus of release." The freaks stampede. The carnival tents fall, including the great Freak Tent.
- The Skeleton picks up the remains of Mr. Dark and moves away into the fields.
- Will follows their departures, trying to spot the freaks he knows. But he cannot keep track.
- Instead, he turns back to Jim. The body is cold.