Something Wicked This Way Comes Chapter 7 Summary
- Halfway home, Will senses Jim behind him. He asks if the house was empty.
- A crumpled piece of paper floats past them. They chase it.
- The boys spy bits and pieces of information on the paper announcing the arrival of a "Cooger and Dark's Carnival." At first they are incredulous but soon are excited about the possibility of seeing an illustrated man, a skeleton, and a Dust Witch.
- Jim is especially excited. He hears the sound of a calliope on the wind.
- Will shivers. He expresses a desire to go home.
- Jim, surprised, points out that they have arrived home without knowing it.
- The two boys go to their respective houses. Jim swears to Will that they will avoid that "Theater" house for a year.
- Will looks at Jim's house, glad to see the lightning rod.
- The two boys bid each other good night.