Sonnet 55 Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- How would the tone change if this weren't a sonnet? What if it was a haiku? A limerick?
- What does this poem say about the power and purpose of poetry?
- Why is this poem so concerned with the end of the world?
- How would you describe the "you" in this sonnet? Why isn't he/she given a more detailed description?
- If you had to turn this into a skit, what characters would you put in it?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...