Speak Chapter 2 Summary
Our Teachers are the Best…
- The narrator's English teacher has crazy black and orange hair that covers her face. The narrator just refers to her as "Hairwoman."
- Hairwoman gives everyone a journal. They are to write in the journals daily, but Hairwoman won't read what they write.
- Mr. Neck does turn out to be the narrator's social studies teacher. He too provides journals.
- The class will study American history again – they've studied it every year the narrator's been in school.
- Mr. Neck remembers the narrator from the assembly and tells her he'll be watching her. He tells her to sit in the front of the classroom.
- She wonders if he's suffering from post traumatic stress disorder from fighting in some war.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search