Speak Chapter 36 Summary
Coloring Outside the Lines
- Mr. Freeman is the most popular teacher in school.
- In his art class, they can listen to the radio and nibble on munchies while they create fabulous sculptures, paintings, and sketches.
- Mr. Freeman's painting (see Chapter 29) is really wonderful. A reporter interviewed Mr. Freeman recently. There was an article in the paper about him, with a photo of his painting.
- There's a rumor that some of the school board members didn't like seeing themselves in Mr. Freeman's painting and are planning to sue him.
- Melinda is working on trying to carve a tree. She can see the tree in her mind, but can't turn it into art.
- Yesterday, Principal Principal come into the room, obviously eager to catch them listening to the radio or eating, but the students were crafty. They got rid of the evidence before Principal Principal saw it. All he saw was students quietly working on their art projects, concentrating deeply.
- Mr. Freeman asked Principal Principal if there was something he needed, and Principal Principal just stormed out.
- Melinda considers a career as an artist.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...