Speak Chapter 47 Summary
Cold Weather and Busses
- Melinda gets up late and misses the bus.
- Mom tells her she has to walk to school. Melinda is surprised, but she doesn't mind. The walk is nice.
- She decides to spend her lunch money on doughnuts from the doughnut shop.
- Uh oh. She sees Andy Evans coming out of the doughnut shop.
- She can't move, just like a rabbit facing with a possible predator.
- Andy sees her and offers her a bite of his doughnut.
- She runs and wonders, "Why didn't I run like this before when I was a one-piece talking girl?" (47.14).
- Running makes her feel like she's a kid again. Then suddenly, she decides not to go to school.