Cite This Page
Speak Chapter 75 Summary Page 1
The Beast Prowls
- Melinda stays after school to work on her tree. Mr. Freeman helps her until he has to take off for a meeting.
- Melinda feels safe here in the art room.
- All the sudden, the lights go off and she can smell Andy's terrible cologne.
- He asks her if she's seen Rachel Bruin.
- Melinda doesn't speak. Andy comes near her, sits on the table in front of her, and yells at her. She's frozen with fear.
- Soon, Rachel comes to the door. In getting off the table, Andy tears Melinda's paper.
- Ivy comes in at this moment, noticing that something is off.
- Rachel and Andy leave together.
- Ivy says that Andy is a really dangerous guy, and she can't believe Rachel is going out with him.
- Melinda is really freaked out. When she gets home, she hides in her closet. She pushes clothes in her mouth to drown out the sound of her screams.