Speak Chapter 75 Summary
The Beast Prowls
- Melinda stays after school to work on her tree. Mr. Freeman helps her until he has to take off for a meeting.
- Melinda feels safe here in the art room.
- All the sudden, the lights go off and she can smell Andy's terrible cologne.
- He asks her if she's seen Rachel Bruin.
- Melinda doesn't speak. Andy comes near her, sits on the table in front of her, and yells at her. She's frozen with fear.
- Soon, Rachel comes to the door. In getting off the table, Andy tears Melinda's paper.
- Ivy comes in at this moment, noticing that something is off.
- Rachel and Andy leave together.
- Ivy says that Andy is a really dangerous guy, and she can't believe Rachel is going out with him.
- Melinda is really freaked out. When she gets home, she hides in her closet. She pushes clothes in her mouth to drown out the sound of her screams.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search