by Laurie Halse Anderson
Speak Chapter 81 Summary
Hairwoman No More
- Hairwoman has a totally new look – short, black, spiked hair and new glasses.
- Melinda is really curious about what caused this change.
- It's rumored that Hairwoman changed just to create confusion during final essay time.
- Melinda thinks it's something personal.
- Maybe she's seeing a nice psychiatrist or maybe someone bought the novel she's been working on forever.
- Melinda wonders if she'll be seeing Hairwoman in summer school.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...