Speaker for the Dead
Speaker for the Dead Questions
- Could Speaker for the Dead work without the backstory of Ender's Game? What do references to Ender's Game add to the novel? What, if anything, do they subtract?
- Does Card use different styles to write the speech and thoughts of the different races (bugger, human, piggies, Jane)? How does this reflect the themes of the book? Or doesn't it?
- Would you like Ender to speak for you? Why or why not?
- Pick an epigraph at the beginning of one chapter. What does it tell you that you wouldn't otherwise know? Why tell you this information in an epigraph rather than in the body of the novel?
- How would the novel be different if Ender were a woman?