Segur Timeline and Summary
- Our first mention of Segur is Nina’s declaration that he’s "around somewhere" with Ferdinand in Fialta.
- When Segur finally approaches Nina and Victor (alongside Ferdinand), Victor describes him as "a lover of art and a perfect fool." He goes on to say that he can’t imagine why Ferdinand keeps him around.
- Victor remembers Nina once exclaiming that "[Segur] is such a darling," but he feels this doesn’t "commit her to anything."
- Segur starts complaining about the weather, which confuses Victor, who finds it a useless topic of conversation.
- Segur stops with Ferdinand at a post office, leaving Victor alone with Nina.
- When Nina and Victor stop by the yellow car, she informs him that it belongs to Segur.
- Segur and Ferdinand approach after Victor has his premonition by the car.
- We go back in time to the lunch that the four friends shared earlier that day; afterwards, Segur goes off with Ferdinand to make a phone call.
- After Victor awkwardly declares and then retracts his love for Nina, she leaves in the car with Ferdinand and Segur.
- Victor finds out later from reading the paper that the yellow car was in an accident. Nina was killed, but Segur and Ferdinand escaped with only minor injuries.
Previous Page: Ferdinand