Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- You may have heard Polonius' famous quote from Shakespeare's play, Hamlet: "To thine own self be true." If most people agree with this as a noble goal, why are we so often, like the kids in Stargirl, uncomfortable around people who are different? How do you react when you encounter someone who is different? What does that say about you?
- Does Stargirl seem in total control of who she is, or do others influence her? What role do those around her play in her identity?
- What are the most important qualities in a friend? Does Stargirl have these? How so? What about Leo?
- Do you think Stargirl wants to be popular? How does she handle her popularity? And while we're on the subject, why do so many people want to be popular in the first place? Is it really all it's cracked up to be?
- Does Stargirl seem connected to her surroundings? Why or why not? Does this make her happier in any way? Does she ever seem disconnected?
- How would you describe Stargirl and Leo's relationship? Do the two of them seem happy? Why or why not?
- What's your favorite Stargirl quirk? Do you have any quirks like her?
Next Page: Best of the Web
Previous Page: Analysis