Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
by Robert Frost
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why do you think Frost uses the word "woods" instead of "forest"? How are these two words different from one another?
- Why does our speaker worry so much about who owns the woods?
- Many people have criticized Frost for being too concerned with the past or with things that have nothing to do with the modern world (like blenders, radios, and TV). Do you agree with this criticism? Can you relate to this poem?
- Why do you think Frost titled this poem "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening?"
- Does it bother you that Frost rhymes "sleep" with "sleep"?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...