The Storm Section 2 Summary
- Bibi's mother Calixta is back at their house. She doesn't seem as worried about her family as they are about her. She sews.
- Only when it gets warm and night starts to fall does she notice that bad weather is coming. She goes around the house closing doors and windows.
- She goes outside to grab the laundry and sees her old flame, a man named Alcée. It's been a long time since they saw each other.
- It starts raining, so Calixta invites Alcée into the house to wait out the storm.
- The weather quickly worsens.
- Calixta still seems lovely to Alcée.
- The weather gets worse, and the two are in a room where they can see Calixta's bed.
- Calixta gets worried about her family, and Alcée reassures her.
- The two go look out the window at the raging storm.
- She freaks out and they embrace.
- Alcée reassures her again. They're both reminded of a previous encounter they had in a town called Assumption, where they got it on a little.
- They start making out again, and this time they don't stop. The two forget about the bad weather and have super intense sex.
- When they're done, the storm seems to be going away, and they'd like to take a nap, but they know they shouldn't.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...