Stranger in a Strange Land Chapter 37 Summary
- Jubal and Mike rejoin the group in the room with the stereovision. On the news, they see a mob surrounding their hotel. Not good.
- Mike decides to confront the mob. The ladies dress him in a rakish and seriously dated suit. Jubal argues against Mike going out there, but everyone else trusts Mike to quell the mob.
- Mike goes outside with Anne, dressed in her Fair Witness robes, and Duke, who has a press pass and a camera. The rest watch on the stereovision.
- Things are tense.
- Mike preaches to the crowd, but instead of listening, they attack him. If you've seen The Passion of the Christ, you can guess what happens.
- And that's that, folks: Michael Smith dies a martyr. His last words are "Thou art God," spoken to a grasshopper.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...