Tangerine Part 1, Chapter 11 Summary
Wednesday, September 6
- The school doesn't cancel classes, or even football practice, the day after Mike's death. In fact, they don't even mention the death at all. What kind of place is this?
- Meanwhile, Mr. and Mrs. Fisher are furious at each other. Mrs. Fisher thinks they should cancel afternoon football practices and hold them in the mornings instead for safety's sake. (Less lightening in the morning.)
- But Mr. Fisher is in too good with the coach, and doesn't want to "mess up his status" (1.11.6) by speaking out.
- At soccer practice after school, Paul wonders how he would feel if his brother had been the one to die.
- He realizes he'd feel relieved—wow.
- But he'd also feel sorry, because he knows Erik is somehow connected to his eclipse story, and he wouldn't want him to die before he has a chance to find out what really happened.
- Double wow.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search