by Edward Bloor
Tangerine Part 1, Chapter 14 Summary
Friday, September 8, later
- On their way to the public viewing for Mike Costello, Paul notices osprey nests on the electric wires. His dad worries that they might short out the town's power, but Paul thinks they're smart to avoid the smoke of the muck fire.
- Paul and his parents see Mike's body in the casket, and then get in line to speak with Mr. and Mrs. Costello.
- After they express their condolences, Paul talks with Joey a little, before a priest comes in to lead everyone in prayer and speak about Mike for a while.
- Everyone starts leaving, and the Fishers head over to say goodbye to the Costellos. Joey asks Paul if he wants to go to the carnival with him tomorrow to take his mind off the tragedy, while their parents discuss the football meeting they held the other night.
- Kerri Gardner is there, too, and comes over to tell Paul she's heard he's a great soccer player. He can't think of a single thing to say.
- They all drive home in silence.
- This is a kind of a downer of a chapter. Sorry, guys.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...