Cite This Page
Tangerine Part 1, Chapter 20 Summary Page 1
Friday, September 15
- Paul's family is driving to the school meeting, expecting to hear that it'll be months before school reopens.
- Because of that, Mrs. Fisher has been calling private schools in the area, and hit upon a Catholic school she likes.
- Mr. Fisher wants to hear what Lake Windsor Middle School has to say, first.
- When they arrive at school, Joey is upset that he and Paul didn't get interviewed after they helped save their friends.
- Seriously, they should probably get some kind of reward. At least a pat on the back and a gift certificate to the local ice cream parlor, right?
- Once the meeting is underway, Mrs. Gates explains the new plan: 8th graders will squeeze into the high school, and 7th graders will squeeze into the middle school.
- So far, so good. But the next part of the plan is the kicker—in order to make it work, 6th graders will have school from 7:30 am to 1 pm, and 7th graders from 1:30 pm to 7 pm, until the end of the semester.
- One last thing: 7th graders also have the option of transferring to Tangerine Middle School for the rest of the semester.
- Most parents are students are pretty ticked off, but Paul is ecstatic. He has a chance to start over at a new school without an IEP to ruin his soccer chances.
- He begs his mom and dad, telling his dad he doesn't care if he never pays any attention to him again, if he just lets him go to Tangerine Middle.
- Mr. Fisher doesn't understand, and protests that he does pay equal attention to him and Erik. But the important thing is that he says yes, Paul can transfer. Yippee!!