by Edward Bloor
Tangerine Part 2, Chapter 10 Summary
Friday, September 29
- Joey doesn't come to practice this time, but a newspaper reporter does.
- Paul's mom had actually called the paper to tell them about the girls on the team!
- Mr. Donnelly, the reporter, asks Coach Bright if he can talk to Maya and Shandra, but when Shandra hears, she takes off running into the school.
- Victor quickly introduces himself to the photographer instead, and hams it up for the cameraman—preventing him from going after Shandra.
- Coach Bright wants the news crew to leave, but they insist on getting the girls' names.
- So the coach gives them Maya's info, but tells them Shandra doesn't want any publicity.
- When they finally leave, Coach Bright pulls Shandra out of her hiding place, and practice resumes.
- When the newspaper comes out, there's no story. Just a mislabeled picture. Super.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...