by Edward Bloor
Tangerine Part 2, Chapter 2 Summary
Tuesday, September 19
- Theresa is still guiding Paul around today, and they sit together at lunch.
- The soccer team is back from their suspension today, and they come to sit with them.
- This is not as awesome as it sounds. Victor, the team captain, starts razzing on Paul when he finds out he wants to play.
- Paul keeps his cool, though, and banters right along with 'em. Smooth move, man!
- That loosens things up a little, so they tell him all about how they vandalized the freak show.
- After school, Paul has his first soccer practice with the whole team there.
- He gets to play goalie, and makes a crazy-awesome save—only to have Victor come kick it out his hands into the goal.
- Tino tells Victor it doesn't count, and the two of them get into a fight until the coach breaks it up. Well, in any case, practice is over.
- One of the girls on the team, Maya, tells him on his way out that it was a great save, and that Victor's goal wouldn't really have counted anyway.
- As he drives away with his mom, he tells her about the girls on the team. She's impressed. Grrl power!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...