by Edward Bloor
Tangerine Part 2, Chapter 7 Summary
Tuesday, September 26
- The Tangerine War Eagles are playing their first home game, and the fan turnout is awesome.
- But. Paul's parents aren't even there. Neither are Joey's, even though he's on the team now, too.
- Paul and Joey are on the sidelines for now, watching Shandra, the goalie, and the other girls on the team.
- They're doing an amazing job, but so is the other team. At least this team is actually playing by the rules, though.
- At halftime, Coach Bright realizes that Victor's head wound from their last game has been reopened, and is bleeding again, so she asks Tino to get his dad to drive Victor to the ER for stitches.
- She puts Paul in for Victor, and the War Eagles take over.
- Maya scores a goal, and a little later…Paul kicks one in, too! Gooooooooooooal!
- Paul has never scored a goal before. Ever.
- The War Eagles are winning, so when the coach puts Joey in to play, and he's not all that great, it doesn't even matter.
- Victor gets back from the ER right at the end, and when he hears that Paul scored a goal, he is totally psyched.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...