Tangerine Part 3, Chapter 2 Summary
Tuesday, November 21
- Paul wants to ask his dad if he saw Erik hit Tino, but he just can't bring himself to do it.
- After school, he goes with his mom to the storage unit to get some winter clothes out.
- The second they close the unit's door, though, Mrs. Fisher realizes she's left the key inside.
- She panics, until she remembers that Erik has a key, too.
- They head out to the high school for a meeting Mrs. Fisher has about Erik's grades slipping. Paul can watch football practice while he's waiting.
- He hides under the bleachers there to avoid Erik and Arthur, and sees that practice is over.
- Luis's pick-up truck drives up, and Paul watches as Luis confronts Erik about hurting Tino—verbally confronts him, that is.
- Erik doesn't do as well with words—he's more of an action guy. He gets Arthur to walk past Luis while he's talking to Erik, take out his blackjack, and hit him over the head with it.
- Luis falls, and Erik and Arthur crack a joke and walk away laughing.
- Antoine Thomas and his friend, Brian, aren't laughing, though. They help Luis up, make sure he's okay, and walk him back to his truck.
- Paul's mom comes out of the school, and they drive home. The counselor told her she thinks Erik's grades will improve after football season is over.