Paul Fisher Timeline and Summary
- Paul's family moves to Tangerine.
- He has problems at his new school because of his vision, and then is forced to leave anyway because a sinkhole eats his classroom.
- He starts over at Tangerine Middle, where he has great success on the soccer team, makes friends, and discovers his love of tangerines.
- But his brother causes problems for him, hurting his friends and starting a cycle of violence that ends in Luis's death and Erik facing the police.
- Finally, Paul is able to come to terms with all the issues in his life and emerges happier and more confident.