Tartuffe Act 3, Scene 1 Summary
- Damis is ready to kick the crap out of Tartuffe.
- The servant tries to calm him down and redirect his energy into some more productive enterprise like, maybe, talking to Elmire. Elmire, it seems, has some "power" over Tartuffe – power, no doubt, of the feminine persuasion – and thus might be the key to catching the scoundrel.
- Dorine has also gotten word that Tartuffe is on his way downstairs.
- She tells Damis that she's going to intercept him.
- Damis insists on listening in on the conversation and manages to hide in a close just before…
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search