Tartuffe Act 5, Scene 5 Summary
- Orgon turns to his mother and says, "I told you so."
- Of course now she's shocked by what she's seen.
- Dorine tells them all not to be so ungrateful (sarcasm alert!); after all, Tartuffe's just trying to rid them of all the earthly things that are separating them from heaven.
- Orgon tells her to shut up.
- Cléante reminds everyone that they still don't have a plan.
- Elmire proposes that they let everybody know what a liar and cheat Tartuffe is, in the hope that the resulting backlash – let's call it really, really bad publicity – will prevent Tartuffe from carrying out his plan.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search