Cite This Page
Mr. and Mrs. McArdle Timeline and Summary
- Mr. McArdle demands that his son stop crushing his Gladstone bag.
- We learn that he performs on daytime radio shows and has a "third-class leading man's voice" (1.3).
- Mr. McArdle is angry at his wife for telling Teddy to crush the Gladstone bag.
- Mr. McArdle ignores everything Teddy has to say about the Queen Mary and then the orange peels that Teddy sees floating on the ocean.
- Mr. McArdle is enraged to hear that Teddy let his little sister take the Leica camera out around the ship. He demands that Teddy retrieve it at once.