Tender is the Night Book One, Chapter Eleven Summary
- Campion wants Rosemary to go to the duel with him. She asks why he doesn’t take Dumphrey, and Campion says Dumphrey’s mad at him.
- Elsie tells Rosemary to go too, though she doesn’t want to. She considers it a sad spectacle.
- Campion is irritatingly excited about the duel, but is afraid watching it will make him ill.
- Rosemary feels pity for McKisco and "hatred" for Barban.
- The two men fire, but both shots miss. Barban wants to go again, but is dissuaded.