Tender is the Night
Tender is the Night Book Three, Chapter Eleven Summary
- Dick and Nicole are getting their hair cut together when Tommy comes into the shop and talks to Dick.
- Dick tells Nicole that they have to go talk with Tommy because he’s upset.
- She protests, saying her hair isn’t finished, but Dick insists and they go to a café.
- Tommy frankly tells Dick that Nicole loves him now, and not Dick.
- Dick asks Nicole how she feels and she says that she likes Tommy a lot.
- Dick argues that he and Nicole have a happy life. Tommy wants to know if Dick will protest a divorce.
- Nicole tells Dick he’ll be better off without her.
- Tommy wants to fight, but Dick essentially agrees and says he’ll sort out the details with Nicole.
- Nicole feels like Dick knew all along, but she is happy and relieved.