The Awakening Chapter 28 Summary
- After Arobin leaves, a variety of emotions overcome Edna.
- She feels like an irresponsible wife.
- She feels guilty thinking about Robert, whom she really loves.
- She feels that she can suddenly comprehend what life is about more clearly than she had before.
- But even with all these conflicting emotions, she feels no shame or remorse, only a little regret, because her first truly passionate experience had been with a man (Arobin), for whom she feels no real love.