The Awakening Chapter 34 Summary
- Edna and Robert eat dinner together.
- Edna feels jealous when she learns that some woman in Mexico made an embroidered tobacco pouch for Robert.
- Arobin drops by. The plot thickens.
- He has a note from Mrs. Merriman saying that her card party has been postponed.
- Robert and Arobin speak to each other politely, but after a few minutes, Robert shakes hands with Arobin and leaves.
- Arobin questions Edna about Robert, wondering how she knows him.
- Arobin wants to stay with her, but she insists that he leave.
- Edna can think only of Robert and feels jealous again, thinking of the Mexican girl.
- She knows she has been with Robert, has seen him and even touched his hand, but still he seems as far away as if he were still in Mexico.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search