Cite This Page
The Awakening Chapter 34 Summary Page 1
- Edna and Robert eat dinner together.
- Edna feels jealous when she learns that some woman in Mexico made an embroidered tobacco pouch for Robert.
- Arobin drops by. The plot thickens.
- He has a note from Mrs. Merriman saying that her card party has been postponed.
- Robert and Arobin speak to each other politely, but after a few minutes, Robert shakes hands with Arobin and leaves.
- Arobin questions Edna about Robert, wondering how she knows him.
- Arobin wants to stay with her, but she insists that he leave.
- Edna can think only of Robert and feels jealous again, thinking of the Mexican girl.
- She knows she has been with Robert, has seen him and even touched his hand, but still he seems as far away as if he were still in Mexico.