The Cay Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Is war a necessary part of life? What does The Cay suggest about this question? Do you agree or disagree?
- Who would you want to be stranded on a desert island with? Why?
- How is violence in the natural world different from human forms of violence, like war? What does the book seem to say? What do you think?
- Timothy sacrifices himself for Phillip in the storm that hits the island. Why? Who has made sacrifices for you in your life? Who would you make sacrifices for?
- Though they're very different, Phillip and Timothy find a common ground on which to build a friendship. How do they do so? How can we relate to people who are different from us in our daily life?
- Do you think the tempest could be a symbol for something? If so, what does it symbolize?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search