by Eugene Ionesco
The Old Woman Timeline and Summary
- Warns her husband not to fall out the window.
- Tells her husband that he could have been anything he wanted to be.
- Begs the Old Man to play make-believe.
- Asks him to do an impression of February.
- Requests that he tell the story that he tells every night.
- Reminisces with him about the lost city of Paris.
- Comforts the Old Man as he cries about his dead mother.
- Reminds her husband that he has a message to deliver to the world.
- Worries that she doesn't look nice enough for the guests that are about to arrive.
- Helps welcome the invisible Lady.
- Blushes as the invisible Colonel kisses her hand.
- Get really frisky with the Photo-engraver.
- Tells the Photo-engraver the story of how her son abandoned her.
- Arranges lots of chairs as tons of invisible guests arrive.
- Starts selling programs and Eskimo pies to the invisible guests.
- Celebrates with her husband when the Emperor arrives.
- Begins echoing the words her husband says.
- Can't believe her eyes when the Orator actually shows up.
- Agrees with her husband that it's best they die now while in their full glory.
- Commits suicide by jumping out the window into the waters below.