by Eugene Ionesco
The Orator Timeline and Summary
- Ignores the Old Man and Old Woman when he finally arrives.
- Signs tons of autographs.
- Continues not to respond to the Old Man and Old Woman whenever they try to talk to him.
- Eventually refuses to sign any more autographs.
- Remains totally impassive when the old couple kill themselves.
- Tries to communicate the Old Man's message to the invisible guests, but finds it difficult since he's a deaf mute.
- Mumbles in gibberish.
- Writes more gibberish on a blackboard.
- Mumbles some more.
- Gets frustrated.
- Gives up and leaves without delivering the Old Man's message.