The Good Earth
by Pearl S. Buck
The Good Earth Chapter 15 Summary
- Wang Lung is back on the land, and money is no object in setting up his farm. He's like a kid in a candy store, buying seeds to plant and oxen to work with. Okay, so somebody tore his door off, and his hoes and rakes are gone. What does it matter to him? He's got money! That will get fixed in a jiffy.
- What's a little weirder is the rumor that his uncle has been hanging out with a gang of thieves. Whatever—they left town, anyway, so Wang Lung doesn't see any problem.
- At the same time, Wang Lung learns that his friend Ching has been starving. Both his wife and daughter have died.
- Wang Lung decides to help Ching out by planting some seeds for him the next day, because Ching saved O-lan from dying a long time ago by giving Wang Lung some red beans. Wang Lung wants to return the favor.
- Wang Lung and O-lan set about fixing up the house. They even set up a new shrine for the gods of wealth.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...