The Good Earth
by Pearl S. Buck
The Good Earth Chapter 33 Summary
- Wang Lung starts thinking about Pear Blossom all of the time.
- At first Wang Lung tries to give Pear Blossom to his youngest son, but she refuses.
- In the end, Wang Lung gives in and sleeps with Pear Blossom. You can guess all the problems this causes. First, Lotus is angry. Then, Wang Lung has to explain the whole thing to his sons.
- It actually goes better than Wang Lung expects, except in the case of the youngest son.
- The youngest son gets angry. Also, he apparently has some mad ninja skills.
- The youngest son appears out of nowhere and scares the wits out of Wang Lung and Pear Blossom. He tells them that he is going to be a soldier—and then disappears.
- Wang Lung had been sort of proud that he could still be a player when he was nearly 70, but after his third son's reaction, he's not quite so proud anymore.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...