The Good Morrow
Cite This Page
The Good Morrow Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- How would this poem be different if it was set at sunset, before a night of sexy sex?
- What is the relationship between sex and love in this poem? What parts lead you to your answer?
- Wait, is this Planet Earth? Why do maps and world-exploration have anything to do with love? How would the speaker answer that question?
- What does the allusion to the Seven Sleepers' den add to the poem, aside from confusion and footnotes?
- What if the speaker was a woman? Would the conclusions of the poem be different? Why or why not?