by Kathryn Stockett
The Help Chapter 30 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Like Aibileen, Minny (who narrates this chapter) sees Help discussed on TV. She wants to call the host and tell him the book is not about Jackson.
- Later, Aibileen calls her and tells her Hilly has a copy of the book.
- Minny holds her breath, waiting for Hilly to read the last chapter, Minny's chapter.
- The next day, Johnny is at home when Minny shows up at Celia's house. Celia has told him about her miscarriages. Johnny tells Minny, "I would've lost her if it wasn't for you" (30.29). He begs Celia never to leave him
- Next, Jonny tells Minny, "You'll always have a job here with us, Minny. For the rest of your life if you want." The three cry together in the dining room.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...