by Kathryn Stockett
The Help Chapter 31 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Aibileen (who narrates this chapter) looks at Elizabeth's bookmark every day to see where she is in Help. She's not getting very far very fast; she hasn't even gotten to Chapter 2, the chapter about her.
- On Thursday, when Hilly comes over, Aibileen learns Hilly is on Chapter 7. Hilly is convinced that the TV host is right, that the book is about Jackson. She plans to identify the maids.
- The next day, Aibileen sees that Elizabeth is on Chapter 6 now. Seems she read her chapter and didn't recognize herself.
- That afternoon, Mae Mobley comes home from school in tears. She got in trouble at school because when Miss Taylor told them to draw what they liked most about themselves. Mae Mobley colored a picture of herself with a black face.
- Miss Taylor is trying to undo all the good things Aibileen's been teaching Mae Mobley.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...