The King's Stilts
by Dr. Seuss
The King's Stilts Paragraphs 20-28 Summary
- Okay so if he works so hard, King Birtram must play hard, too, right?
- Right. Every day at 5 o'clock sharp, the King tells Eric to fetch him his stilts, and then he proceeds to gallivant about the castle and grounds on his tall red stilts (20-25).
- Sure, he looks kooky, but the townsfolk love it, so hey, why not?
- Actually, there is one person who doesn't love the king's nightly stilt-walks: Lord Droon. The name alone oughta clue you in that this guy hates sunshine and happiness.
- Lord Droon always fumes up in his room about how the king carries on walking on stilts (27-28). In other words, the dude's a total killjoy.