The King's Stilts Paragraphs 29-52 Summary
Lord Droon Lives Up to His Name
- Commence evil plan.
- One day, Lord Droon sneaks into the king's stilts closet and steals those silly red stilts. Dun dun dun.
- While sneaking off with the stilts, he runs into Eric and commands the boy to go bury the king's stilts.
- It's an odd request, but the pageboy complies because he's a pretty obedient little guy (29-48), and he has no reason to believe that Lord Droon's up to something.
- When he discovers the disappearance, the King is predictably heartbroken. We're talking major mope-fest here.
- So what does sneaky Lord Droon do? He tells the king that the townsfolk were the ones who stole the stilts because they thought the king looked ridiculous (49-52).
- Way to be a double-crosser, Droony.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...