The King's Stilts
by Dr. Seuss
The King's Stilts Paragraphs 53-77 Summary
The Dark Ages of Binn
- A stilt-less King Birtram is majorly down in the dumps. After all, what's a man supposed to do without his circus equipment?
- In the meantime, his commands sound less, well, commanding. And the Patrol Cats grow lazier and lazier. They become cat nappers instead of Nizzard catchers (53-56).
- The townspeople begin to worry for their safety as the Nizzards start attacking the Dike Trees more and more.
- Something's gotta give. So Eric the pageboy decides that he has to tell the king about what has happened.
- He runs over to the castle with every intention of saving the day (57-65).
- As he rushes up to tell the king, though, Lord Droon intercepts him, shouting that the boy has measles. What? Harsh. You have measles, Droony!
- Before Eric can protest, he is locked up in an old house labeled "Measles" with two guards posted at the door. Quarantine time (66-77).