The King's Stilts
by Dr. Seuss
The King's Stilts Paragraphs 78-109 Summary
- But Eric will not be denied.
- He manages to leap out of the window, fool the guards and run towards the castle. On his way he notices that there's water trickling through the streets.
- Oh no. The Dike Trees must not be holding up.
- But he has an idea. Eric digs up the stilts, all the while as the horrible Nizzards screech and hiss at him (78-92).
- Eric runs across Lord Droon and the guards, but in a moment of genius, he stands on his stilts and dons a tall coat and a hat that he nabs from a nearby tailor shop.
- In his disguise, he looks like a very tall, very skinny man (93-97).
- He points the evil-doers in a different direction and rushes toward the castle, revealing himself to be Eric and giving those fabulous stilts back to their rightful owner, King Birtram (98-109).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...