Cite This Page
The Moonstone Epilogue, Chapter 3 Summary Page 1
The Statement of Mr. Murthwaite (1850)
- Mr. Murthwaite writes a letter to Mr. Bruff informing him that he has seen the Moonstone again!
- It is back where it belongs, in a statue of a Hindu god of the moon.
- He was present (in disguise) at the ceremony in which the Moonstone was replaced in the statue.
- He even saw the three Indians there.
- He figures the Moonstone is lost to them for good – no way will they be able to steal it back from the Indians again.
- But the Moonstone is back where it belongs.
- THE END.