The Moonstone First Period, Chapter 20 Summary
- Lady Verinder blames Cuff for Rosanna's death, thinking that she must have committed suicide because she knew that Cuff suspected her.
- She asks him to take his money and go, but Cuff refuses the money.
- She cools down enough to ask to meet with him once he and Betteredge have had a chance to change into dry clothes.
- Meanwhile, Franklin tells Betteredge that he's planning to leave the country again, and will never see Rachel again, ever.
- Cuff and Betteredge go into Lady Verinder's room.
- Betteredge knows that Cuff is about to tell Lady Verinder, straight out, that he suspects Rachel stole her own diamond.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search