The Moonstone Second Period, Narrative 6, Chapter 4 Summary
- After going back to London after the birthday party, Godfrey went to Mr. Luker's to pledge the diamond.
- Mr. Luker wouldn't give him a cent until Godfrey told him how he got the diamond.
- Godfrey started to tell a lie, but Mr. Luker could tell, and demanded the truth.
- So Godfrey told him that he'd seen his cousin, Franklin Blake, leave his own bedroom, enter Rachel's sitting room, and come out with the diamond.
- Franklin then saw Godfrey, and gave him the diamond, asking him to put it back in the bank where it was safe.
- Then Godfrey just took it and didn't say anything to anyone.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search