Berniece Timeline and Summary
- Berniece tells Boy Willie and Lymon to get out of her house.
- She sees Sutter's ghost.
- Berniece tells Boy Willie she won't sell the piano.
- She goes with Avery to see about a loan for his church.
- She bickers some more with Boy Willie about selling the piano.
- Berniece goes off on Boy Willie, hitting him and blaming him for Crawley's death.
- She refuses to accept Avery's marriage proposal, saying she's not ready.
- Berniece asks Avery to get rid of Sutter's ghost by blessing the house.
- She refuses to play the piano when Avery urges her.
- Berniece kicks Boy Willie and Grace out of the house when she catches them making out.
- Berniece does a little making out herself, when Lymon comes home.
- She bickers even more with Boy Willie about the piano, then threatens Boy Willie with a gun when he tries to roll the piano out of the house.
- Berniece plays the piano, summoning the spirits of her ancestors to banish Sutter's ghost.
Next Page: Doaker Timeline
Previous Page: Boy Willie